Due to the commercial and circulation restrictions imposed by COVID-19, the Brazilian Senate unanimously approved on March 30 the basic emergency income of R $ 600 for three months (or while social isolation measures last) for workers informal, self-employed, individual micro entrepreneurs and people who have an inactive intermittent contract in the country. In cases where the woman is the head of the family, the amount of the monthly allowance may be up to R $ 1,200 for the same period.
Will real estate brokers be able to receive basic emergency income?
After requests from Cofeci-Creci, that all professions that have class councils (such as realtors) can benefit from the assistance, the Senate expanded the concept of self-employed in addition to the MEIs in the bill on emergency aid.
Thus, by means of a simple declaration, under civil and criminal liability, all self-employed persons who meet the imposed criteria, including real estate agents, will be entitled to apply for the assistance.
What will be the criteria for receiving the aid?
According to the specifications of the project, to be considered adapted to this aid, the worker cannot receive retirement, unemployment insurance or be beneficiary of other type of government aid. In addition, the worker may not be part of federal income transfer programs, except Bolsa Família.
Up to two members of each family will be entitled to assistance, and if one of them receives Bolsa Família, they will have to choose the benefit that is most advantageous.
Check below all the requirements for obtaining this aid:
- Be over 18 years of age
- DO NOT have formal employment or be in intermittent contract , with no activity
- DO NOT receive social security or assistance benefits , unemployment insurance or any other federal income transfer program other than Bolsa Família
- Have monthly family income:
- Per capita (per person) of up to half a minimum wage (R $ 522.50) or
- Total (everything the family receives) up to three minimum wages (R $ 3,135.00)
- NOT having received taxable income, in 2018, above R $ 28,559.70
- The candidate must also fulfill one of the following conditions:
- Exercise activity as an individual microentrepreneur (MEI)
- Be an individual or optional contributor to the General Social Security Regime (RGPS)
- Being an informal worker enrolled in CadÚnico
- Have met the average income requirement by March 20, 2020
How will the registration be made for withdrawal of the emergency aid?
The website and the application were released last Tuesday by Caixa, where informal, self-employed, unemployed and MEI workers should apply for emergency assistance. Who already receives Bolsa Família, or who is registered in the Single Registry, will not need to register through the application, as payment will be made automatically.
As an exception, people who do not have access to the internet may register at Caixa branches or at the Lottery Centers.
Timetable for the withdrawal of emergency aid
On April 7, Caixa Econômica Federal released the payment schedule for the benefit to informal workers. The payment of the first installment should start on April 9, Thursday.
Check the payment schedule:
- April 9th: People who are in the Cadastro Único who do not receive Bolsa Família and have an account with Banco do Brasil or savings account with Caixa Econômica Federal.
- April 14th: People who are in the Cadastro Único who do not receive Bolsa Família and do not have a Banco do Brasil account or savings account with Caixa Econômica Federal.
- In 5 five working days, after enrollment through the application: Informal workers who are not in the Single Registry and who must enroll through the application launched by Caixa.
- Last 10 working days of April: Beneficiaries of Bolsa Família, following the regular schedule of the program for the last 10 working days of the month.
When will the second installment be paid?
Between the 27th and 30th of April
People in the Cadastro Único who do not receive Bolsa Família and informal workers enrolled in the emergency assistance program. In the following order:
- those born in January, February and March will receive on April 27
- those born in April, May and June will receive on April 28
- those born in July, August and September will receive the benefit on April 29
- those born in October, November and December will receive on April 30
- Bolsa Família beneficiaries: last 10 working days of May, following the program’s regular calendar.
When will the third installment be paid?
Between the 26th and 29th of May
Persons on the Cadastro Único who do not receive Bolsa Família and informal workers enrolled in the emergency assistance program, in the following order:
- those born in January, February and March will receive on May 26
- those born in April, May and June will receive on May 27
- those born in July, August and September will receive on May 28
- those born in October, November and December will receive on May 29
Last 10 working days of June
- Bolsa Família beneficiaries, following the regular schedule of the program
In order to resolve possible doubts regarding the withdrawal of the emergency aid, Caixa provided a telephone number 111 for this purpose. It will not be possible to register by phone, just ask questions.
To find out about possible updates on basic emergency income, follow our blog and social networks.